Professional Resume Writing – General Principles
Your Resume Should:
- Immediately impress the reader.
- Include a dynamic tag line.
- Be visually appealing and easy to read.
- Indicate ambition, career aspirations, goals.
- Focus on your value in relation to employers’ needs.
- Convey your job related abilities and patterns of performance.
- Stress your productivity and potential to solve employers’ problems.
- Validate accomplishments using numbers. + – <> $ %
- Put across that you are a responsible and purposeful person who gets things done.
- Clearly communicate skills and credentials that meet employers’ expectations.
- Use a language that is sensitive to electronic resume scanning technology.
- Provide contact details including a LinkedIn address.
By following these general principles your resume will grab the attention of employers and get you the interview you are looking for.
Always have your resume critiqued before sending it out to a potential employer. It would be disappointing to miss out on an interview due solely to an overlooked error or a miscommunication.
Submit your resume for a free, no obligation resume critique.