Executive Career Management Professionals At Your Service
Elite Resumes has been providing successful executive resume writing and job search coaching since 1993. Martin Buckland, Principal of Elite Resumes, is one of North America’s leading authorities on highly effective executive resume writing, high impact cover letters, successful job-search strategies, executive coaching, personal branding, interview tutoring and social media career strategies.. Martin’s partnerships and contacts with recruiting professionals put his clients in touch with North American Executive Search Firms, Executive Recruiters, Head Hunters, and Human Resource personnel to help you expedite your job search and advance your career.
Martin’s certifications elevate him to an elite group of Executive Career Management Professionals in North America:
Certified Professional Resume Writer
Co-Pilot Executive Coach
Certified Job & Career Transition Coach
Certified Job Search Trainer
Certified Personal Branding Strategist
Certified Employment Interview Professional
Online Professional Networking Strategist
Microblogging Career Strategist
Social Networking Career Strategist
Certified Social Media Career Strategist
International Expertise: Gateway to the North American Market
Based in Canada’s Greater Toronto Area, Elite Resumes offers international clients an extensive knowledge of the U.S. and Canadian job markets. Elite Resumes is the premier resume writing, career coaching, job search strategy and recruiting resource for international executives relocating to North America.
Elite Resumes’ Quest and Values
Our Pledge to You …Our Process Gets Results!
- We work with you – using a combination of homework preparation and phone interview – to uncover then promote your personal brand, career highlights and unique differentiators. Our process is intense on purpose!
- We’ll take the hassle out of strategically crafting a resume and deliver a document to WOW the reader, enticing executive recruiters and key decision makers to invite you for an interview.
- Your partnership with us never ends! We’re always a quick phone call or email away to answer your questions and help steer you through career planning and executive search.
- As a client of Elite Resumes, you’re in our database and stay on our radar screen. We delight in responding to queries from executive search firms looking for suitable candidates and are more than happy to put your name forward when suitable appointments arise.
- Our partnerships with industry experts are at your fingertips. We have handpicked partners who can help you create a personal website or video bio; take you through an exhaustive exploration of your personal brand; provide you with interview or salary coaching; and execute career assessments to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses. If you have a unique need to advance your career, we’ll find the right expert partner!
- In other words, we pledge to you to combine our ingenuity, professional excellence and vast network of resources to propel your career goals and get you the job you want – faster. In turn, you pledge to be engaged in the process and excited to shift your career out of neutral.
Why Choose a Certified Professional Resume Writer?
Let’s be honest; there are a plethora of online resources and low cost resume services on the market but sometimes advancing your career with minimal effort pays minimal dividends. As a C-Level or aspiring business leader, shouldn’t you be willing to invest in your career to reap significant rewards?
The reason you should choose a certified professional resume writing is simple: value! At Elite Resumes, we’re not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Our professional designations require us to continually upgrade our resume writing skills to align with what hiring professionals are looking for. The resume we design for you will address all the latest recruitment trends. Why look like an online resume template when what you really want to look like is the star of your career!
Our professional memberships include:
Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
The National Resume Writers Association
Career Directors International
Association of Career Professionals International
Human Resources Professionals Association
The Strategic Capability Network
Resume writing in a digital age
If your resume has an Objective statement, pictures, underlines, shading, or uses outdated fonts, you’re toast!
Most executives do not realize that the digital age has profoundly impacted HOW resumes are written, formatted, viewed, and read. Human resource personnel are overwhelmed and bombarded with hundreds of resumes for each job posting. Automated screening is necessary for them to cope with this burden and potentially eliminate 75% of the applicants before advancing to a decision maker. When a resume is read by a human, it is first viewed for less than 30 seconds and may even be perused from a mobile device. That means first impressions and proper formatting count. The way you have always done it – or the way your outplacement provider recommended – may be outdated and ineffective!!
Learn to star in your career, online and on paper, with the executive career management professionals at Elite Resumes.