If you are terminated from a job, here are five tips that you need to know…
- Go see an employment lawyer. They may be able to help you get a bigger severance. Employers also expect you to go and see an employment lawyer.
- Deal with any anger or rage. It’s natural to suffer from this and is part of being human. You’ll have questions like, “why me?” This is perfectly acceptable.
- Update your resume. Ensure that it is current and ATS (automated tracking system) scanning application friendly. Your resume needs to be full of accomplishments that tells a compelling story about what a great person you are.
- Have your LinkedIn profile fully complete. Again, telling a wonderful story about what a great person you are. Complete it to its fullest.
- Network. Get out there and get your name known. Use Meetup.com – it’s a website that hosts meetings across the world for various functions. It exists in nearly every major city across the world.
I understand what it’s like to go through a termination. Many of my past clients have gone through this. I am here for you. If you are interested in me helping you navigate through the complexities of termination, please visit my website.
Mike Teasdale says
Great advice as ever Martin. Talk soon.