If you are terminated from a job, here are five tips that you need to know…
- Go see an employment lawyer. They may be able to help you get a bigger severance. Employers also expect you to go and see an employment lawyer.
- Deal with any anger or rage. It’s natural to suffer from this and is part of being human. You’ll have questions like, “why me?” This is perfectly acceptable.
- Update your resume. Ensure that it is current and ATS (automated tracking system) scanning application friendly. Your resume needs to be full of accomplishments that tells a compelling story about what a great person you are.
- Have your LinkedIn profile fully complete. Again, telling a wonderful story about what a great person you are. Complete it to its fullest.
- Network. Get out there and get your name known. Use Meetup.com – it’s a website that hosts meetings across the world for various functions. It exists in nearly every major city across the world.
I understand what it’s like to go through a termination. Many of my past clients have gone through this. I am here for you. If you are interested in me helping you navigate through the complexities of termination, please visit my website.